Finding a replacement for your lost Evinrude boat engine manual is surprisingly easy. Or the manual for any outboard engine of the popular brands and recent vintage. I would like to provide some sources and things to watch for if you need an Evinrude boat engine manual or which ever make of outboard you want to maintain. There are different manuals available. The owner’s manual gives the basic care and maintenance as well as how to use the engine. The service manual gives detailed directions on making repairs and a parts manual will give the part number for every little piece of the engine. Make sure you know what level of help you are looking for before ordering an new manual.
First I checked the OEM websites. On the website of Evenrude and sister brand Johnson outboard engines you can find Operator’s Guides (owner’s manual), service manuals and parts manuals for outboard engines going back to 1997. English and French versions are available thanks to Canadian mother company Bombardier. From the Evinrude home page select parts & accessories, then literature in the new window.
I checked the Yamaha marine, Mercury outboards and Honda marine websites and the process was similar. The Honda site had manuals under the Owners tab or page. Honda also had free PDF download of the owner’s manuals. So if you need an owner’s or service manual and you have a late model outboard check the company website first, or just hop down to the dealer and order one. It is a good idea to know what the OEM thinks the price should be before you find out what your dealer wants to charge for that new service manual!
The Internet has good sources for service manuals for older and company no-longer-in-business outboard engines. Here are a few that I found to be informative and easy to navigate:
- Ken Cook Company provides literature for 1996 and older Outboard Marine Corporation products. This would cover the model lines of Johnson, Evinrude, Gale and OMC.
- Marineengine.com appears to be another good source for Johnson and Evinrude literature going back to 1917.
- iboats.com or boatmotors.com has an extensive listing of service manuals available for the major and not-so-major outboard engine companies. They also have service manuals listed for sterndrive, inboard, and personal watercraft.
The bottom line is that the outboard and other marine engine manufacturers have made owner’s manuals, service manuals and parts manuals readily available and easy to get. And at reasonable prices outside of the occasional pricey parts manual. This is not the case for many other forms of transportation. So the search for the desired Evinrude boat engine manual should not take long!
- Evinrude Outboard Engine Facts
- Nissan Outboard Engine Facts
- Go Boat Engine Shopping Armed With These Tips!
- Boat Engine Baffles and Bewilders
- Briggs and Stratton Outboard Engine Facts
Tags: boats, bombardier, captions, engine, engine manuals, engines, evinrude, evinrude boat, Evinrude boat engine manual, evinrude outboard motors, honda, manuals, marine propulsion, outboard engines, outboard marine corporation, outboard motor, outboards, replacement, search, service manuals, sterndrive, water, watercraft